Thu, 29 Sept|
AME Roundtable on AML/CFT developments in the EU and globally
The event brings together a panel of experts with an EU and global focus to discuss the AML/CFT legislative package and the importance of the involvement of the whole AML ecosystem, including law enforcement, public sector and industry, against ML/FT.
Time & Location
29 Sept 2022, 10:00 – 11:30 CEST
About the event
Paolo Panico, Private Trustees SA, Chairman of the STEP Europe Region
- Latest developments in the AML/CFT legislative package
Gabriel Hugonnot, Seconded National Expert for Anti-Money Laundering policy, Directorate General for Financial Stability and Capital Markets, European Commission (DG FISMA)
- Information sharing within private sector and law enforcement
Thomas McDavid, Compliance Coordinator and Global Compliance Projects Manager, Sotheby’s
- Discussion on the potential changes to the UK’s AML/CFT supervisory framework
Elaine Smyth, Associate Director, Professional Standards – Management Accounting, Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA)
- Lessons learnt and best practices from FIU Latvia
Paulis Iļjenkovs, Head of Strategic Analysis division at FIU Latvia
- Bank de-risking practices: Antwerp World Diamond Centre's perspective
Trisevgeni Stavropoulos, Head of Compliance Antwerp World Diamond Centre
- AML/CFT regulatory concerns regarding crypto-assets and NFTs
Dr. Niklas J.R.M. Schmidt, TEP CBP, Member of the STEP Digital Assets Committee
The presentations will be followed by a Q&A session with participants.
Please note that the Roundtable will be recorded. Please see our Event Privacy Statement for more information.